The world of business runs with business cards and visiting cards. Business cards are indispensable in business as they are required as a means of introduction, conversation, marketing, and accreditation. Almost every company designs its own business cards, yet some have ambiguities and confusions on what should appear on a business card template.
Here is an overview of creating the ideal business card template
Creating an Ideal Business Card template
The ideal business card has all the required contact details neatly laid out in their respective positions and aligned clearly to give a striking yet pleasing visual appearance. To create the ideal Business card template, follow these guidelines.
1. Apply Design Fundamentals
The design of the business card template is the most crucial aspect of its printing. A creative design makes the card look more appealing while a clever design highlights all the information. Both creativity and clever positioning of the elements are vital in the design of the business card template. With the following steps, the design fundamentals can be applied to the business card template creation.
- First, amass all the details to be printed on the card like name, of the individual with the designation, company’s name and logo, contact address, and phone numbers. email ID, etc.
- Next, decide the size of the card.
- Third, fix the card layout- decide on whether you want a single-sided visiting card or a double sided one. If double, choose the positioning of the contact details and logo on the front or back, or on the left or right-hand corners of the card.
- Fourth, decide on the colors to be used for the background and text.
- Fifth, decide the typeface or fonts to be used.
- Get the Business card template designed for final proofing.
Peruse through several designs before deciding your own. Always ask for a sample of the card to proof-check before final printing. If the printing is done by a professional print provider, most of these aspects will be taken care of them.
2. Use Color & Images Prudently
While choosing the colors for your business card, bear the following things in mind.
- The text color must be in direct contrast with the background color. Similar shades like white text on a yellow background will hardly be seen. So ensure contrast exists.
- Choose colors keeping your corporate identity in mind. The colors used on your logo and the lettering of your name must be adhered to, in the Business card template. Other colors can be chosen for the background while preserving the corporate identity.
- Choose easy shades or tints as complex hues might be difficult to render unless their CMYK combination is clearly known.
- Choose the color of your card based on the nature of your business. Avoid gaudy colors or fluorescent colors for the sober nature of the business.
3. Choose the Right Typeface
Again, the typeface to be used on the business card template needs a lot of attention.
- Use the corporate typeface for Company name, address etc.
- The Company name should be the boldest and biggest.
- The individual’s name may be the second biggest
- All details must be printed in a legible and readable font of appropriate size.
- Avoid cursive typefaces for names as they might not be decipherable in print.
4. Select Suitable Card Stock or Material
Your business card stock or material speaks volumes of your company.
Choose high-quality materials for your business card template to exude professionalism.
Avoid flimsy paper and opt for sturdy card stock of suitable thickness or GSM, such as with prime business cards. You can go for premium plastic cards as well.
You can also choose eco-friendly options like recycled paper to assert your corporate responsibility.
Choose the card material on the basis of your budget and the number of cards to be printed.
5. Don’t Forget the Bleed
A little extra printing must be done beyond the edge of your design. This is called “bleed” and usually 3mm and is given to avoid loss of design or details during card cutting. Always provide the bleed for your card and ensure that all vital details are centered far away from the edges.
Business cards will continue to be designed, printed and distributed for years to come. Make sure your print your business card template using the above pointers from a trusted provider to get the best results.