Are you thinking of adopting the profession of a bookkeeper?
Do you wish to learn all about this career before you finalize on it?
Is the decision making confusing you? Whatever be the case, after going through this post, you would be able to learn all you need to, about bookkeeping.
First of all, let us learn who a bookkeeper is and what are his responsibilities in the organization?
A bookkeeper is the person who has to take account of all the finances’ and records of the company and he works with the transaction of the clients as well. The bookkeeper is responsible of taking care of all the transactions and records, the receipts, account payable and account receivables and all the profit and loss details.
Bookkeepers were previously mixed with the accountants for their responsibilities but as the business world revolutionized with the advancement in technology, the bookkeeping profession firmed its roots and is now known for the benefits it offers. The government organizations and the private businesses, either small or large, all are recruiting the bookkeepers to keep a day to day financial activity log of the company.
There are many good chances for those who want to do the job of the bookkeeper. The BAS Agent Hornsby and many other are making a good name in this field and you too can excel in your job if you know what to do and how to do.
The organizations looking for the bookkeepers are usually expecting them to do the following for the organization:
- Business expenses and income to be entered into logs and ledgers
- Keeping the record of the invoice, receipts and vouchers from the clients
- Receiving, processing and recording all the financial information from clients
- Collect all the pending money from the business clients
- Pay all the pending checks and payables in due time to save you from trouble
- Make the contracts and purchase the orders for the clients
- Distribute the cash to the clients and workers
- Keep a check on the inventory and the payments relevant to it
- Process the tax files and enroll them at the right time
- Place orders for the office equipment and merchandise
- Verify whether all the expenses are accurate or not
- Check for all the payments and ensure they are prompt as well.